What are we working on?

Dear MRSS Choir Students,

My heart goes out to all of you who are missing your friends, familiar pastimes, and regular routines. I hope you are adapting to online learning with the resilience I know you all have.

In the study of music, we are very fortunate in our adaptability of learning opportunities. Although current technology will not support the effectiveness or satisfaction of a live rehearsal, there are alternative ways to engage musicianship during this time. Moving into the next few months, we have the opportunity to cultivate the following:

• Vocal Technique: Developing Healthy Habits, Strengthening Skills, and Expanding Range

“Nooney” Tunes: I will be hosting an optional vocalization session (choral warm-up) every day at noon (12:00 – 12:15 pm) on Zoom. All students are invited to incorporate music in their day and develop their vocal technique.

• Application of Learned Skills

Music Projects/Activities: I have attached a list of music challenges/projects/activities. Choose an option that inspires you, work on it within a two-week frame, and submit your learning. I encourage you to play with your choices. They are designed to spark creativity, inspire artistry, and support success. Feel free to develop your skills individually and/or collaboratively with your fellow musicians.

• Engaging in Community

“Nooney” Tunes: After my daily vocalization sessions (around 12:15 pm), I will stay open for students who want to chat, ask questions, and/or collaborate with one another. These times are optional and students who have to leave to attend other class meetings are free to do so.

As always, please email or send me a message on RemindApp if you would like to chat with me.

You can save this email and the attached document for your calendar. However, if you require an online visual of all projects, instructions, and deadlines, please refer to my website at any time. All this information will be posted on my website: msclaireoliverio.edublogs.org.

If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with me. I understand you may have been receiving an overwhelming number of emails. Remember that your health and well-being are the top priority; I am here for you throughout this learning process. Take care.

Warmly,

Ms. Claire Oliverio

MRSS Choral Director | msclaireoliverio.edublogs.org.